Watermelon indeed is one of the fruits we see in market daily but little do some of us know the health importance of it and as such we care less about it. Below are reasons why you really need to be eating it often
1. ANTI INFLAMMATORY: Watermelon is anti inflammatory due to its high content of phenolic compounds which also reduces free radicals in the body
2. KIDNEY SUPPORT: Watermelon helps the liver process waste from protein digestion which eases strain on the kidneys while getting rid of excess fluids and this is by increasing the urine flow without causing strain on the kidney unlike alcohol etc
3. NERVE AND MUSCLE CARE: Due to its high potassium content,watermelon helps regulate the action of nerves and muscles in our body and as we know potassium determines degree and frequency with which our muscles contract
4. EYE CARE: Watermelon provides the body with vitamin A due to its beta-carotene as well as prevention of night blindness
5. IMMUNE BOOSTER: Watermelon contains high amount of Vit C which aids in boosting the immune system thereby making it hard for infections to over power the body leading one to falling sick. Its also essential in healing wounds faster according to research
6. BODY FAT REDUCTION: Watermelon has the ability to prevent over-accumulation of body fat because it contains Citrulline which block the activity of TNAP (tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase) in the body when taken.
7. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE: Watermelon contains high amounts of potassium and magnesium helps in reducing high blood pressure by releasing the tension of blood vessels and arteries, thereby causing increased blood flow and reducing the stress on the cardiovascular system
8. CANCER PREVENTION: Watermelon has been considered a great anti-cancer fruit due to its high content of lycopene which has been shown to significantly reduce the risks of prostate, breast, colon, lung etc
9. FERTILITY: Watermelon has been recorded as one of the fruits that is healthy for a man’s s3xual life because it contains Arginine which boosts libido and also helps in curing erectile dysfunction,it also reduce frigidity in women
10. DIABETES: Watermelon is a good fruit for diabetes patients as it helps in lowering the sugar level of the body
NOTE: Watermelon contains significant amounts of vitamin C, calcium,vitamin A, vitamin B6, niacin, thiamin, magnesium, fiber, protein, and a very large amount of potassium.
People do throw away the watermelon rind, but try putting it in a blender with some lime for a healthy, refreshing treat.It has been found out that the rind contains plenty of health-promoting and blood-building chlorophyll, as well more of the amino acid citrulline than the pink flesh.Have it in mind that the seedless watermelons aren’t genetically modified, as they’re the result of hybridization.
ARE YOU ON TWITTER? BE THE FIRST TO GET MY POST. FOLLOW @
SHARE ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA WALL