President Buhari at a campaign rally ahead of the March 28, 2015, Presidential election.

Pasali said if Buhari does not seek re-election in 2019, disgruntled forces would take over and destroy Nigeria.

The Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) says President Muhammadu Buhari will seek for a second term in office in 2019.

The BCO stated this on Monday, May 29, 2017 when it assembled 14 Imams and six pastors to offer prayers for Buhari’s quick recovery.

Acting national coordinator of the organisation, Danladi Pasali expressed optimism that the remaining two years‎ in the first phase of the administration would be better.

‎The BCO said the Buhari-led government had impacted positively on Nigerians than the 16-years of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Pasali said Buhari had within the last two years laid the foundation for good governance in Nigeria.

ALSO READ: Nigeria's ailing president absent on tenure's second anniversary

He said that if Buhari does not contest‎ in 2019, disgruntled forces would take over and destroy the country.

‎ “Buhari’s second coming ‎in 2019 is important for the survival of Nigeria,” Pasali said.

“Except he returns in 2019, this country will be destroyed; and we can assure you that Mr President will contest again. ‎BCO appreciates the progress made so far towards ensuring security, revitalising the economy and tackling corruption,” he added.

pulse.ng – Politics